,

Living it up!

Thursday, May 5, 2011 Leave a Comment

"Trrrrnnnnnn....", "Trrrrnnnnn....!"I slapped the phone alarm. Somewhere I felt that I still had some time left to get ready for the office. OFFICE?!!! My eyes gaped and mind went blank. Suddenly it dawned on me, I was in the college! Bed just threw me out in a jiffy and here I was, on my way to the class.


I had always dreamt to be part of this elite school of business and today I was. Galloping with happiness, I reached my first class. It was that first class and then it is today (past 3 weeks), its really been a journey worth sharing.


Starting from the disparate mix of people in the class to seamlessly fitting faculty members, it has been an enriching experience of learning. Thanks to the management accounting subject, suddenly the articles in the economic times are making some sense now! Not only are the articles but also those inquisitive questions which were never questioned earlier are getting raised.


Why is the GDP growing in tandem with inflation?

How much correct is our consensus data calculation?

How effectively can work be distributed in the teams based on the psychometric test feedbacks?

How risky are the businesses with high debt-equity ratio?

What are the various steps of an effective presentation?

How government tactfully handles some of the critical situations (Delhi-Mumbai Airport privatization)?

How one wrong marketing move in Archies business case affected their business?


It is not only the answers to many such questions but also the work on in numerous assignments, quizzes, guest lectures, clubs, committees, presentations and the list is on and on. Yes, you remember it right! It's been only 3 weeks into the course. And this is just a trailer. Picture to abhi baki hai, mere dost!


"Trrrnnnnnnn..." "Trrrrrnnnnnn...!"And the life @ IPMX goes runs on................................!

Vineeta Gupta

0 comments »