Already Nostalgic

Sunday, January 3, 2010 Leave a Comment

IMPX 2010-11 results started trickling in couple of days back. Moments of ecstasy for some, of agony for others, but what's in it for me? Plenty, I realize! Time flew by at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus and it never dawned upon me that my time here is almost over. A wave of nostalgia hits me, hits me hard!
Around this time in 09, I was on PG trying to seek guidance from IPMX01, fellow admits and a few I-know-all-kinda-puys. Here I am in Jan '10, the enthusiastic IPMX03 admits.That I wanted to join L was crystal clear to me; however, the last moment butterflies-in-stomach syndrome troubles even a Tendulkar when he nears a century :=)
How wrong I was to visualize myself hitting a century when I received an admit- admission was actually taking fresh guard. Coming months of Feb n' March will reveal if I score a big century or not (alignment of dream job to actual offer).
2/Feb/09 it was when my resignation was deemed to have been submitted, although I sent my mail on 31/Jan (no credits for reasoning why). April Fools' day was my last day at office. The events are so fresh, the people then are so very part of my today's life, Pune still is the home for my children who believe they're on a vacation, my (ex) landlord just chatted with me yesterday......hey, come on, that 1 year has gone by ain't possible!

Sadly, the year has flown by...How we try hold on to happy associations...listening to 'Puraani Jeans aur Guitar' over and over does not introduce a 'Ctrl-Z' in life.
There shall be no case preparations, no group projects, no Prof's taking sessions, no preparation for exams, no pattey-shattey, no late night binges, no more student driven activities, no Tot mall, no Winsor street-Shipra mall, no more travel hassles to Delhi-Gurgaon, no Gulab Jamuns in mess, certainly no Non-Veg 4 times a week....certainly not in the IIM L Noida campus settings.
Anurag, it is time to move on; time to get your dream job; time to say goodbye to all; time to packup here and unpack somewhere else; and do not forget that time waits for none.

Thank You IPMX...you've transformed my life...you are now a part of me, try as much as this world to separate us...
...Three cheers for IPMX...Ready yourself to conquer the big bad corporate world...

0 comments »